Saturday, December 16, 2017

My Journey Of Purchasing My First Property [Part 1]

Hi Everyone!

Starting from this post, I will share with you on my experience on purchasing my first property which is a 2 bedroom condo at the north area.

For this part, I will share with you on the preparation work before eyeing on the first property and also the must know stuff before you purchase a property.

1) Are you purchasing for your own stay or for investing. Many may asked why is this question so important, afterall it's still the same. Well yea, after all the property that you purchase, you can either stay or rent it out. But, when it comes to financial terms, you might be doing it wrong.

Why do I say that? Because we need to know that the property that you stay in might not be an asset (which I think it's true). The reason is because the property that you stay in, is most likely a liability because you will need to pay for the possible expenses as well as you will need a place to stay so you can't really sell that property unless you downgrade. In other words, do think of it as paying for your rent to stay.

So, why is there a difference in deciding whether to stay or rent? Not sure if you thought of it this way but personally i will have different criteria for purchasing property for own stay and investing. For me buying for own stay, I will look out for bigger space, psf not so expensive and then considering location and amenities. If I am looking for investing, I will go for location first before the size of the property.

The reason why I think this way is because having a bigger space is crucial for me and my Wife is because we will be expecting to have children in few years time thus we would need bigger space so that it won't be so cramp. So bigger space is very important to me if I am living in it. On the other hand, for investing, location, location and location. Without that you might/will not be able to get a good rental yield.

To sum up for Point one, my criteria for purchasing my property is size, mid to Low price and monthly installment is affordable.

2) New property or resale?

Of course new property will definitely be better as everything is brand new and not much renovation is required, new is good for me:) so we start our property hunting 2 years back( from 2015 till 2017). Initially we wanted to check the property market and what are the layout of the condos (including the various design amenities and etc) to understand the condo facilities and the cost as well.

Due to the lack of fundings we were not able to purchase any property back then even when highpark residence was launch at the very affordable price (so no choice have to skip that)

Up till this year where I have hit my target of 160k and more, which enable me to start looking for property with the intent to purchase. Back in 2016, my Wife and I already looking out for condo at Bukit Batok (le quest) which initially we thought that it will be affordable after all not much amenities around that area and it's not near mrt. Which makes us thought that the psf will be lower like around 1k psf. But we turn out to be wrong because the indicative price for 2 bedroom is around $1158 and when the actual sales it went up to $1200++. So which means a 2 bedroom with the size of 598sf would cost around $800k++.

The size is small and psf is high which isn't what we looking for. Of course we still went through the balloting process and we didn't purchase it. We were devastated during that moment but we didn't give up, instead of looking at the new property, we change our direction to look for resale property, those that Just completed 2, 3 years ago.

We spotted quite a number of units in the north east area like Punggol, Sengkang and etc. But the location is too far from our workplace. So although the price is attractive but the Travelling time really not worth it unless we change job. So our search continues until we found the one with 850 sf with the psf below 1k and is quite near to our workplace. The price is around the same as le quest 2 bedroom but the size is bigger, bigger by 252sf. To me it's totally worth it.

So this is my part one of my sharing, do look out for part two as I will share with you regarding the finances of purchasing a property.

Thank you :)

7 comments:

  1. I`m Charlie Bean and I live in Toronto Canada. I needed a loan to buy a house and I searched for a mortgage loan from all banks and I was denied and I loss hope of having my own house until I came across a post just as you reading my post now. I saw a post about a Financial Service Company who gives loan at 2% interest so I applied in STEAKLEY FINANCIAL SERVICES using their email steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com. And my loan was granted it was like a dream but was true and now am a owner of a house in Toronto and am paying the mortgage loan with no stress and I also requested if I can be granted a business loan and I was also granted. Now am living a happy life, I will advice you if you have an financial problems and you need money to settle it so you can pay with no stress just contact Steakley Financial Service at their email Steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say thank you to ANGEL financial investment for all the things they have helped me with. I have a large family, and every time we have had a crisis Angel kings Loan finance has helped us out.need for extra money can arise at just about any time. they pride themselves on being able to meet your needs and provide a loan for just about any reason you may need. their process is 100% online, quick and simple.they provide

    Home Loan
    Car Loan
    Real Estate
    Company Project
    Business Loans
    Loan to buy Property
    Company Expansion
    Personal Loan [secure and unsecured]
    Students Loan and so many others.

    I thank God for the help they have provided to me and my family,email them today at {angelloaninvestmentt@gmail.com

    or call: +14097944376
    {angelloaninvestmentt@gmail.com}

    Best Regards
    Julia Jeehee chung

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com





    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com





    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
    First name......
    Middle name.....
    2) Gender:.........
    3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
    4) Loan Duration:.........
    5) Country:.........
    6) Home Address:.........
    7) Mobile Number:.........
    8) Email address..........
    9) Monthly Income:.....................
    10) Occupation:...........................
    11)Which site did you here about us.....................
    Thanks and Best Regards.
    Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (creditloan11@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

  6. Are you seeking for financial assistance of any kind? We are a private
    loan firm that provides all types of loan/funding for all those who
    desire for financial aid. If interested please give us a feedback with
    loan amount needed and purpose for loan as well as repayment
    period/time frame you require the loan.

    Contact us for a loan via email solutionlogicmoney@gmail.com
    Name
    Amount
    Duration
    Country
    State
    Sex
    Mobile#

    Best Regards
    Mr Ahmed Ibrahim
    +918860675979
    solutionlogicmoney@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We offer personal loans Business loans for debt consolidation, bad credit loans, unsecured loans, bad credit loans and instant secured loans with cheap rates Do you have a firm or company that need a loan to start up a business or need, personal loan, Debt consolidation? We will provide you with a loan to meet your needs.Note: We offer the following loans to individuals- * Commercial Loans. * Personal Loans. * Business Loans. * Investment Loans. * Development Loans. * Acquisition Loans. * Construction Loans. * Business Loans And many More: 100% safe with us We Offer all types of Finance loans for immediate respond application and many more at 2% interest rate. For more information contact us. Email: email: abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com whatspp Number + 918929490461Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete