Thursday, April 9, 2015

Annual Report

Hi Everyone,

I believe this period is the time where most investors getting the annual reports from the companies that they have shares in. I received mine ever since 2 weeks ago which is DBS (Although I sold it last week, might consider to buy it back if it hits the my target price) followed by ST Engineering, Semb Crop Industry and yesterday I have received annual report from Soilbuild Business Space and Cambridge Industrial Trust. 

As this is my first time receiving annual report from companies because I only started investing this year January 2015, I do a brief read through of each individual annual report to understand the company earning and how well they do in the year of 2014. It is pretty interesting for me to read this because I am not a business student and the numbers makes no sense to me at all. But before investing, I briefly read through their business background and decided to go with it mainly due to their business background and a bit on their management and diversification on their businesses. 

There are forms and also AGM to attend as it had been stated on the annual report but I didn't fill out the form nor going to the AGM as I am still in the process of understanding and learning, I believe it is not wise for me to make any decision yet (Let those pros handle it) and I am just a tiny shareholder :D As for AGM, I won't be attending because I cannot attend due to work unless I got time off but I don't think it is worth it for now but only if time allow then I will go, if not I will wait until next year or next next year before going to AGM :D

I got a stack of annual reports and was wondering what do you guys do with the annual report after reading it? Throw away or keep it for future reference?

2 comments:

  1. Hi James,

    Sell them to the karang guni. Haha.

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farmer,

      Not a bad idea lol. Some annual report, their paper quality not bad also sia

      Delete