Saturday, January 3, 2015

Straits Time Index Highest Dividend Yield

Hi Everyone!

As a long term investors or in other words people who aims to collect dividend through investment, should understand which stock has a better dividend yield. 

Certainly, the aim of mine is to have a dividend yield of at least 4% and above. The reason is because is my own starting point and I hope to be able to achieve this goal in order to achieve the goal I have set myself for this year of having $1440 of passive income (for this year, the main passive income will be coming from OCBC 360).

So let's say I have invested $10000, my dividend that I will be getting will be $400. It will be certainly great for my first year portfolio. Of course, this is just a rough estimate, I will invest more if I have more savings. My aim is to get at least $700 from dividend this year.

There is an article mentioning about the highest dividend in the Straits Time Index - Top Dividend Yield in 2015. Do check this website out as a reference, but there are some blue chips that you might want to look into. 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment